sent wrong computer, would not honor advertised price, failed to contact me re processing problems
Written: Feb 1, 2005 (Updated Feb 1, 2005)
Ease of Ordering:
I ordered a computer from tiger direct (via amazon.com)- it has been a disaster.
1. they sent the wrong machine, (not only was it wrong but it was some other customers.. who i presume was put out by this.)
2. when i figured it out was the wrong machine and contacted them, they agreed it was wrong , but claimed it was a mistake in the advertisement, and they would not honor it, by just sending me what i paid for and ordered.
3. they offered a discount (very slight - $50) on the machine i actually wanted. they seemed like they were trying to help, and i was already in bed with them, so i decided to give them a second chance.
4. next problem was that they required me to drop the incorrect machine off at a ups, rather than them come and get it..
4. then.....!!!! i find out rather than just make me pay the difference, i was required to buy this machine again, so now i am out of pocket almost double.. until i get refunded.
5. next.. i find out inadvertently - by trying to track my order - that it has been held up.. however they neglected to call me or email me and tell me such.. so now i 'm going to have to wait another 3 days before i will receive it..
What product did you purchase or try to purchase? computer